"This is a great office that I felt comfortable and welcome. Much to my relief, they accepted my walk in. The cleaning and temporary filling are great and I will be back for the permanent before too long."
Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
PPO Insurance may cover up to 100%. Call for details.
Some exclusions may apply.
Offer Expires: Friday May 26, 2017
Sometimes, in order to better repair a tooth, a larger restoration is needed. Porcelain inlays and onlays are appealing restorations designed to repair large cavities beautifully. An inlay or onlay is custom-designed and shaped to recreate the ideal natural structure of a tooth. Bonded into place, rather than mechanically held, a porcelain inlay or onlay provides long lasting function and beauty. Inlays and onlays lie between fillings and crowns. Though they do not fully cover a tooth like a crown does, they restore a larger portion of the chewing surface of a tooth than a standard filling does.
Advantages of porcelain inlays and onlays in North Hollywood
- Colored to match surrounding teeth, porcelain restorations will look completely natural. Compared to metal crowns or silver fillings, porcelain inlays and onlays are far more attractive and discreet.
- Designed with precision, porcelain inlays and onlays will function and feel no different from natural teeth.
- Porcelain is resistant to stains.
- Bonded to the damaged tooth or teeth, inlays and onlays strengthen the overall tooth structure.
- These restorations can last many years.
The difference between composite fillings and porcelain inlays and onlays
Composite fillings are made from moldable resin material. This material is placed into the cavity after all damaged tooth material has been removed. The material is hardened, or cured, with a special light. Porcelain inlays and onlays are custom-made inserts crafted of hard porcelain material. Cemented into place, an inlay or onlay restores a large portion of damaged tooth structure, preventing further damage. An inlay or onlay is intended to stabilize the remaining tooth structure and function like the natural tooth for biting and chewing.
Composite fillings and porcelain inlays and onlays also differ in their manufacturing process. Composite fillings, considered direct restorations, are molded to the tooth directly. Porcelain inlays and onlays, considered indirect restorations, are designed and made in a dental lab and placed in a subsequent visit.
We provide care to the individual. It is our practice to listen to the needs and concerns of our patients and act accordingly. Offering porcelain inlays and onlays better enables us to meet the needs of our patients.
Contact our office today to schedule your visit. We look forward to seeing you!
- Porcelain Inlays in North Hollywood CA - Dr. Fadi Edmond Elzayat in North Hollywood, CA offers porcelain inlays
- Benefits of Porcelain Inlays and Onlays North Hollywood - What are the benefits of porcelain inlays and onlays for North Hollywood area patients?