Aspects of porcelain dental veneers explained by your North Hollywood dentist
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 47 percent of people polled say that they notice the smile before other attributes such as hair or clothing. This statistic alone provides enough reason to consider porcelain dental veneers from your North Hollywood dentist. Patients who visit A-Dental Center quickly discover that there is much more to cosmetic treatment with veneers than correcting a crack or gap. When cosmetic concerns are addressed with the right techniques and materials, the results may actually change your life.
The key to successful cosmetic dentistry is in the consultation. Only by listening to our patients are we able to meet their needs successfully. Before recommending porcelain veneers, Dr. Elzayat considers other cosmetic treatments that may achieve the patient’s goals. He also provides information that will enable each patient to make a confident, informed decision regarding his or her care.
Some of the important facts about porcelain veneers are:
- Treatment with porcelain veneers is permanent. This is because we must slightly alter the natural tooth structure so the veneer will fit well and look natural. Once the tooth or teeth have been gently reduced, they will require consistent coverage with veneers for life.
- After the first appointment for veneers and the slight reduction of enamel, the tooth or teeth that will be veneered may feel slightly sensitive until the final veneers are bonded into place. Once treatment has been completed, sensitivity should subside quickly.
- Porcelain veneers will not discolor with time, natural enamel, however, will. This is important to know if you are receiving only one or a few veneers. With teeth whitening treatment, we can maintain your smile in a beautifully natural state.
- The bonding process lends strength to the veneered tooth for chewing and normal biting. Veneers, however, may not hold up to the rigors of biting with a twist, such as biting on chewy candy or using teeth to open packages. We encourage our patients to avoid using teeth as tools as well as biting on hard objects like fingernails or pen caps.
- Veneers require no special care. With daily brushing and flossing and routine dental care every six months, it is possible to keep veneers is beautiful condition for years.
We look at your smile as unique. Cosmetic care with porcelain veneers achieves outstanding results because we customize the size, shape, and color of these restorations to your facial appearance. Schedule your consultation with us and see how your smile can reflect your inner beauty.